Sunday, December 6, 2009

We're back!

The technological glitches that managed to knock my laptop computer out of whack and make filing copy for the Chicago Argus and its sister weblog, The South Chicagoan, such a difficulty appear to have been resolved.

In short, I dug into my wallet and coughed up the cash for a new laptop (my first in over seven years).

SO NOW, I mourn the death of my Toshiba Satellite model 1405, which served its purpose well in terms of my being able to grind out readable copy for many different news outlets and publications. I'm still trying to adapt to my new machine (a Gateway).

But the bottom line is that I should now be able to resume my daily schedule of commentary and analysis of the events of the world, as perceived from the shores of Lake Michigan between Whiting, Ind., and Evanston, Ill.

Thank you for your patience in putting up with my erratic posting schedule of recent weeks, although as best I can tell the readership at this site was not significantly impacted. For that, I am grateful.

-30-

No comments: