Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!

I’m giving myself the day off today.

Call it a moment of holiday-inspired laziness if you must, but I just can’t help but believe that a majority of people have better things to do than to turn to their computers on this holiday to find out what I think about whatever issue happens to capture my thoughts.

FOR THOSE OF you who might fret (all one or two of you), I will be back Saturday.

Until then, log off your computer, get out of your house and enjoy life on this extended holiday weekend, which for some of us (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-ap-il-christmaseve-clos,0,3070094.story) began on Thursday.

Because come Monday, we all have to return to our work and our life’s responsibilities.

-30-

EDITOR’S NOTE: Among the interesting songs that emanated from 2120 S. Michigan Ave., was Chuck Berry’s (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mevkipEj2nE) take on a modern-day carol that has been covered by, among others, Otis Redding, Bruce Springsteen and Hanson.

No comments: