Wednesday, June 20, 2012

EXTRA: Trash talk about trash disposal? Or, who follows trash?

My ego ran amok for a new minutes on Wednesday, as I was interviewed for the “Afternoon Shift” program on WBEZ-FM about an issue I have been writing about for a suburban daily newspaper – whether or not the Land and Lakes Company will be allowed to annex part of Chicago into suburban Dolton so they can operate a garbage landfill at 138th Street and Cottage Grove Avenue for several more decades without having to comply with city restrictions against such landfills.

If you care, you can hear my summarization of the issue on the radio station’s website. Although in all honesty, I have to say that David Lee – a doctoral candidate at MIT who worked on a project that attached sensors to garbage so that its ultimate destination could be tracked – is more interesting to listen to.

  -30-

No comments: