Friday, October 19, 2018

EXTRA: A political language lesson

It's lawn-sign time, and most of the ones we'll see in coming days will be rather ordinary, if not downright dull. So I couldn't help but get a kick out of this one that I stumbled across on the Internet.

Personally, I think this sign's meaning goes beyond needing to know Spanish. Although this weblog does offer a translation function, if you feel compelled to look up the word.
A double-blow, en Espanol

MY EXPERIENCE IS that this was one of those words for which my mother would have slapped me across the face, if she had heard me using it as a child. Of course, that didn't stop her from often using the word to describe people who were behaving in a particularly stupid or annoying manner.

Political payback for Trump trash talk?
Just as here's another word that would have got me in trouble when I was a child, but I also recall it being one my grandmother would use -- fi she thought I and her other grandchildren weren't listening closely to her.

The scary part? Donald Trump probably thinks HE'S the one being unfairly picked upon by people expressing such thoughts about him.

Although trust me, none of it is nowhere as bad as any of the rancid remarks Trump has made about the nation's Mexican-American (and Latino in general) population.

  -30-

No comments: