Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Feliz Navidad

No, I didn’t mean to put Jose Feliciano’s tacky holiday ditty into your head. I just wanted to wish those of you who are of a Christian faith a happy holiday today.

I’m giving the news a rest for the day, which isn’t something I could do when I worked as a hard-news reporter. There won’t be any serious posts today, unless Richard Daley were to suddenly suffer a stroke on the steps of church following Midnight Mass.

Actually, I might even let that tragic occurance go by until Wednesday.

So if you happen to be reading this on Tuesday, all I have to say is you need to Get a Life! Log off your computer, get up out of your chair and spend some time with your loved ones, or find something to do in the real world.

And for those of you to whom Christmas is NOT some solemn holiday, I don’t mean to give offense. So I’m going to follow the lead of Krusty the Klown, who during his non-denominational mid-December holiday special wished everybody a “Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, Krazy Kwanzaa, Tip Top Tet and a Solemn and Dignified Ramadan.”

-30-

P.S.: If you really feel some need to hear a holiday carol sung “en Espanol,” you haven’t lived until you’ve heard the late Celia Cruz sing “Jingle Bells.”

No comments: